If you are planning on hosting an outdoor BBQ party, you must make sure that your guests will have a memorable time. The first thing that you must do is prep your garden for the event. If you will be inviting guests with kids, you must make sure that there is plenty of space for the kids to play and run about. Sitting space is also essential, so you can place picnic tables and chairs or even opt for picnic mats instead. Hosting an outdoor BBQ party is easy and you will need a few tips to help you along the way.
- When you are planning on hosting any type of party, you must be certain of the number of guests arriving. It is necessary to get people to RSVP you so you can cater to their number.
- Decorations are a must for a party so drop by a party store and pick up some décor that your guests and their kids will find enticing. It is also a good idea to add a few games and treats for the little guests.
- If you prefer to have everyone seated at tables, but do not have sufficient chairs and tables, you can always rent some at a party needs store. Just have matching table cloths cover them to add appeal.
- If you have a budget, making a list of what you need and limiting the number of guests will help you throw a successful BBQ. It is also wise to have extra money at hand, in case of emergencies during the party.
- Clean your garden by mowing the lawn, trimming the hedges or trees, removing weeds and have your patios, pathways and cemented parts of your yard washed to remove any grime and grease. You will want your home to be welcoming even if it is just the exterior.
- Activities will keep the party going while the BBQ is cooking, so you can organize some activities for the adults and kids or a combination, so everyone can have a good time.
- Some adults do not have interest in games, so you can also set up a bar for them as well to keep them entertained. Just be sure not to offer too much alcoholic beverages especially if dads have children with them. Cocktail drinks, wine and bottles of light beer are sufficient for your BBQ party.
- The most important feature of your BBQ party is the food and drinks. This is something you must be prepared for weeks ahead. Make a list and be sure to provide an assortment for your guests. Pasta, salads, mashed potato, fish, meat and sandwiches are common favorites at BBQ’s. If you are planning on adding spices to your recipes, do not forget that there are others who do not like spicy food, so have a variety.
- Remember that if you will be having kids over, be sure that you have something simple and interesting for them to eat such as burgers, fries, hotdogs, small cakes and the like.
- Finger food is also a favorite to offer guests to keep them munching away until the meal is ready. You can keep it simple such as placing chips, candy and cut veggies or fruits in platters. If you have time to prepare kebobs and small sandwiches, these will be appreciated.
- Photograph by ardelfin.
Valerie Price is a freelance writer specializing in event management and home improvement. She regularly contributes articles to websites such as CleanSweep Services, Inc.