Windows offer a glimpse of the outside world, while we stay secured and cozy inside our house. Without windows our houses would have not been as cozy and fit for living as we experience now. Our houses give us protection, comfort and security. We need to choose the best window treatment for our home. Awnings can help prevent the sun from shining through windows and sliding glass doors, and they can save our furniture and household goods from adverse effects of sun heat. When buying and installing awnings, builders need to take into consideration several factors, like budget of the house, preference and requirements of the house owners etc.
What are Awnings?
An awning or overhang can be described as a secondary covering attached to the exterior wall of a building. It is mainly attached to the exterior wall, the boundary of the door, and windows of house and building. Retractable awnings can very well prove to be a versatile addition to your outdoor living space. This helps primarily restricting too much sun heat during the hottest days and they can save your power consumption bill too. The material used for awning accessories mainly includes
- Polyester yarn or cotton
- Acrylic canvas woven
- Vinyl laminated together with the fabric of polyester.
Apart from that, you will find various types of awnings in the market such as manual and automatic awnings. You can easily operate the automatic awnings through remote control system and these awnings can provide you full convenience and comforts.
Why Would You Use the Awnings in Your Home?
- To stay protected from too much sun energy on summer days. These awnings can keep your rooms cool and protect you from harmful UV rays.
- In areas where wind or air current is very strong, there it gets used a lot. These awnings can also block the cold air flow during winter and keep your rooms warm.
- It opens up a whole new space in the way of outdoor living. Just set the awning and even if it is intensely hot or is raining lightly, you can enjoy sitting together with friends and family outside, under its shade.
- It can be used in garden areas also. You can also create an additional seating place in your garden and backyard area with these awnings. You can also condust a outdoor party under these awnings.
- They can help cutting down on home energy costs by minimizing the need for air conditioning. During summer air conditioners and during winter home heating systems can be given some rest occasionally, with its use.
- Sun-sensitive people will do well to themselves by installing awnings at their places. Enjoy being outside the hour, without running the risk of getting negatively affected by direct sun exposure. Apart from that, these awnings can add some color in your house and you can choose the different colorful awnings to decorate your home.
Why Use Retractable Awnings?
Retractable awnings are not fixed or stationary. Retractable styles can be operated manually using a chord or motorized with a radio, non-radio, or torque-sensing motor.
- Retractable awnings happen to be both practical and stylish. They can add aesthetic value to your outdoor space with their modern and attractive features. One can select from a variety of designs, colors and quality choices available with them.
- The most attractive feature of a retractable awning is definitely its flexibility. Whether it is a motorized awning or a manual one, users can conveniently open or close it as per their needs.
Retractable awnings can also help protecting indoor furniture, upholstery, and artwork from fading on being exposed to sun too much. With the help of a button, switch or remote control only, an awning can be moved from partial to full protection.