DUI or also known as, Driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs or medications, etc, has become one of the major legal issues that the drivers face these days. If you are charged with such DUI case, then it is necessary that you find the lawyer, who are not only experienced, but can successfully help you win your case.
The severity of a DUI case against a person will be decided based on the facts such as whether,
- It is your first time
- Your case is added with other aggravating circumstances such as speeding, reckless driving and so on
- You have charged with DUI before, once or multiple times, and so on
Do you really need A Lawyer?
As you already know, there are many WebPages from where you can either locate a DUI attorney or can directly hire one by following step-by-step procedure. Every time you visit websites, you can find many articles or blogs telling you that it is necessary to hire the lawyers, when you are facing any legal charge.
However, certain circumstances such as,
- If your charges do not hold any ground
- When you are falsely accused of DUI charges
- When your DUI did not cost any life in the process, etc, can be cleared off by providing necessary explanations.
When to Plead Guilty
Every time you are caught with driving under the influence of alcohol or any other such illegal medications or drugs, you will be tested for BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration). If the device shows higher than the concentration level of 11, then it is understood that you will not only be convicted, but the officer who actually arrested you will be testifying against you in the court of law.
Your DUI suggest taking help from counselling or advice from the legal end to keep your sentences effective and simple. Always remember that the ball might come into your court only if your BAC level does not cross 8 or 9 since sometimes this reading might be considered as an accurate one. This gives your DUI lawyer an opportunity to find better way of pleading on your behalf.
How to Hire One
DUI attorneys are the ones, who can thoroughly go through your case and find a loop hole that serves as a window for you to escape the case. Hence, it is necessary to follow the below mentioned tips to find a best one to represent your case.
- Always keep your options open. Never settle with the first one that you find and instead try to interview two or three to find the potential lawyer.
- Not all lawyers specialize in taking the cases related to DWI or DUI. Hence, ask for the specialty of the lawyers before proceeding with further questions.
- Always make sure to have an open conversation regarding the fee structure. Some DUI cases might be dragged up to certain weeks more than what you had calculated and might automatically add extra dollars in the fee. Hence, make sure to clarify all the doubts regarding the fee structure.
If you cannot find an experienced lawyer for your DUI case, then you can always hire one from the firm of Canadian Law Attorneys. You can visit canadaduientrylaw.com to know more about the lawyers.
Mark Farley works with one of the best law firms, and they specialize in DUI cases while crossing into the Canadian borders. To learn more about their legal services, please feel free to visit their website canadaduientrylaw.com.