Divorce is a simple word used for the separation of a husband and wife. But it is not that simple as it seems to be. It is a much more complicated and critical process. When a divorce takes place it is not only the husband and the wife who goes through emotional ups and downs but children of the family also goes through the same emotional turbulence. For them it is breaking up of a family. Children will have to live with any one of the parent and another one will have guest appearance in their life. Hiring an efficient child custody attorney to file a child custody case after divorce is very important to cause minimum emotional damage to the child.
How to select the right child custody attorney to win the custody of your child after divorce!
- Experience of the lawyer under consideration plays a major role in finalising the name. He or she should have lot of experience in dealing with child custody cases. They should be an expert in their field and should be pro with family laws of the city in which you are living. He or she should be able to win the custody for you and also make sure that the other parent pays for the support of the child from the marriage.
- It is better to choose an attorney who lives nearby to your home or your office. You will need to meet the lawyer several times during the proceedings. If he is living somewhere faraway or in some other city then it will be inconvenient for both you and the lawyer to discuss issues at length.
- Fee of the lawyer is also an important deciding factor. The lawyer should fit into your budget. Already divorce case will take its toll on you then further expenditure on child custody can cause a drastic financial loss to you. So it is always better to search a lawyer who understands your financial condition and file the petition accordingly.
- It’s better to do your homework before finalising any name. Always ask for reviews about the lawyer under consideration. It’s better to appoint a lawyer who is known or have taken up a case of some friend or relative. Why gamble on an unknown person when you are financially and emotionally depressed already.
- Don’t hesitate in asking all the questions you have in mind to the lawyer, it will really help in the case. Feel free to interview the lawyer before appointing him for the case. Ask all the questions in your mind and then listen to your gut feeling and take the final call.