Skip to content
- Healthy eating is all about feeling great and having stable mood and more energy.
- It can be achieved by applying nutritional basics to come up with a tasty and healthy diet that suits your healthy lifestyle.
- Healthy eating has benefits such as resistance to diseases and illness, improved mental acuteness and higher energy level.
- For aged people, eating well is the key to balanced emotions and positive outlook.
- Healthy eating may involve simplicity in the choice of the diet and slow changes to eating habits.
- Water and exercise facilitate healthy eating by helping you choose healthy foods.
- Some healthy eating tips for your healthy lifestyle are discussed as follows.
Eat more Fresh and Colorful Vegetables and Fruits
- Fruits and vegetables form a healthy diet foundation for long, healthy lifestyle.
- They are nutrient dense, low in calories and well packed with minerals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
- Try to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables of different colors to get maximum healthy benefits.
- Choose some green vegetables such as lettuce, broccoli, mustard green and cabbages, all packed with great minerals and vitamins.
- Sweet vegetables such as corn, beets, carrots, yams, sweet potatoes, squash and onions are also good for your health.
- Fruits such as berries, apples, mangoes and oranges provide vitamin C and fiber and boost your immune system.
- You may try some nutritional supplements made from fruit and vegetable products to boost your vitamin intake
Eat more Whole Grains and other Healthy Carbs
- Healthy carbohydrates are satisfying and provide you with long lasting energy.
- Whole grain meals are delicious and rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- They can therefore protect you from certain cancers, diabetes and coronary heart disease.
- Healthy carbs keep your insulin and blood sugar levels stable.
- It’s healthy to have a diet comprising of a variety of whole grains such as whole wheat, millet, brown rice, and barley and quinoa.
- Make sure you buy and eat only the 100% whole grain products.
- Try to avoid refined food products such as pastas and breads that are not whole grain.
Add Healthy Fats to your Diet
- Healthy fats help to nourish your heart, brain, skin, hair and nails.
- Foods containing omega-3 fats prevent cardiovascular disease and dementia and boost your mood.
- Try to eat monounsaturated fats such as olive oil, peanut oil, canola oil and other oils from certain nuts and seeds.
- You can get polyunsaturated fats such as omega-6 and omega-3 from fish such as herring, salmon, sardines and mackerel.
- Polyunsaturated fats can also be obtained from flaxseed oils, walnuts, sunflower, and soybean and corn.
- It’s advisable to eliminate saturated fats that are common with animal sources such as red meat and dairy products.
- Trans fats are also unhealthy and are common with margarine, cookies, snack foods, baked foods, candies and fried foods.
Include Lean Protein in your Diet
- Protein is essential for growing and maintaining your body tissues, cells and organs.
- Protein increases muscle mass, boosts immune and strengthens respiratory and heart systems for quality healthy lifestyle.
- For healthy eating, try a variety of protein sources such as beans, soy products, nuts and peas.
- Try to focus on quality protein sources such as chicken, fresh fish, eggs, tofu, beans and nuts.
- For strong bones, you may consider daily products such as cheese and yogurt and a variety of bean types.
- You should know that healthy eating contributes partly to a healthy lifestyle.
- Some other common factors influencing healthy lifestyle include hygiene, exercise and medical treatment.
- In case of medical treatment, you may consider having an EU Medical Card to cover your medical care for quality healthy lifestyle.