Ruby and rails are often considered to be related matter and it is the truth. You have gone through the different usages of the tool and learned the coding through the different Ruby On Rails Onlline Classes. after going through all these, you decided to install the same in your home PC. Most of the users will be using windows for their accessibility. However, the IT people will be using Linux on their PC. Here is the guide of installation in both the systems.
Installation of Ruby Rails in Windows
The process of installing Ruby Rails in windows is as follows:
- Before installation of the program, check your system whether there is already a Ruby installed or not. To check the same, go to the command prompt and give there the command, ruby -v. If there is no version installed, you will find a blank window, popping up. If the case is not like that, you will find a version of the application, already installed. If it is 2.2.2, then stop the process of installation, since the version installed is the latest one.
- If you find that there is no version installed, you are free to install the file. If you find that a version is installed in the system, which is lesser than 2.2.2, then uninstall the previous version and download the latest 2.2.2 version of the application.
- After the installation of Ruby framework, your turn is to install the rails. This can be done easily, following the same process. The latest version available in case of the Rails is 4.2.4. You can check whether that version is installed. If not overlap that with the latest version.
Installation of Ruby Rails in Linux
Linux is a system that is liked by the IT professionals, especially because of the fact that there remains nothing configured beforehand. Since there is nothing installed previously, the entire configuration has to be done by you. So the process is longer too.
- Install GIT Core for the support of dependencies. In case of windows, dependencies are already loaded. However, in this case, the dependencies are to be loaded by you.
- In Linux, you will also have to set the environment of an application too. This can be done quite effectively, when you install the rbenv on your system.
- In case of Linux, the latest version of Ruby is 2.2.3. so, ensure that the above said version is the file that you will be installing.
- Once you make sure about the Ruby installation, its turn to install the Rails. The latest version of Rails, available for Linux is 4.2.4.
With the above guide, you can fix the installation process easily in your system. Get support from Ruby On Rails Online Course In Boston and start using the Rails. It is really lovely and will give you some awesome experience.