With the current financial climate, house prices are rising, and more and more people are looking to improve their current home as opposed to moving. With the help of these tips, you can find cost effective techniques to help raise the value of your home. This will allow you to make a profit when you choose to sell, or to simply enjoy your newly-transformed living space.
De-cluttering should be the first thing on your list. Whilst it is an extremely dull and painful task, you will increase space and make things look much tidier- well worth the effort in my opinion! The problem is, most people become accustomed to their cluttered homes, they don’t realise how much of a distraction this is for potential buyers, or even visitors to your home. A good de-cluttering session gives the illusion of additional space, and more space means more value.
A Fresh Coat Of Paint
Painting the rooms of your house is the most cost-effective way to freshen up your house. The important thing to consider before doing this is obviously going to be the colour. If you do not have much knowledge regarding which colours work where and why, I strongly suggest that you seek help. Considering this is going to take you a while, it is important that you choose colour themes that are going to bring out the best in your home. Here are some additional key things to remember.
- Don’t choose too many colours. Choose a certain theme and stick with it.
- It is best not to try too and use too many accent colours or walls. Most people will get this wrong.
- Don’t try to jazz things up with bright colours. Bright colours can work, but it is very easy to get it horribly wrong.
Dress Things Up
Now that your home is de-cluttered and freshly painted, it is time to add the finishing touches. Take a look at the following ideas to transforming your home.
- Replace the shower curtains. Nobody likes a dirty or ugly shower curtain, replacing it will completely transform the bathroom.
- Buy a set of matching towels- There is nothing more off-putting than a set of manky towels.
- Allow sunlight to enter where you can- This means tying back the curtains, getting rid of the old net curtains, or replacing blinds that allow more light to enter. You will be surprised at how a little light can substantially transform your home.
Daniel Blinman is writing on behalf of West Radiators, who offer a range of radiator valves.