People make numerous mistakes while shopping for stuff and this trend continues when people shop for glasses. Glasses are unlike most items of common use in the way that once you buy them you have to stick to them for quite a while. Mistakes while buying glasses, therefore, can be more costly than mistakes in shopping for other stuff. In this article, we will point out the 5 most common mistakes which are made by people while shopping for glasses. Avoid these mistakes and buy better glasses!
1. Going to get glasses, have you gotten your eyes checked? Unless you are looking for sunglasses, you should get an eyesight checkup before you buy glasses. The first mistake is that most people do not do this. Eyesight keeps deteriorating with time, especially with age. So whenever you get the opportunity of getting a new pair of eyeglasses, it is highly recommended that you go in for an eye checkup so that you can get the latest details about your eyesight status. You can then get new glasses for the new frame, and the new glasses will be in correspondence with your latest eyesight status.
2. Research thoroughly! Most people do not recognize the fact that thorough research must be undertaken before you go out to buy glasses for yourself, and this is the second most common mistake made by people looking for glasses. You should find out what features of your face determine the kind of glasses frame that fits you the best. Generally, these features include the shape of the person’s face, the complexion of their skin and the color, texture and style of their hair. Keeping in view all these factors, one should make the choice of the pair of glasses which really suit them the best. The importance of researching before shopping for glasses is therefore recommended.
3. This is the mistake made by people who shop for glasses online. Do not shop online! It is true that internet shopping has revolutionized the meaning of the word shopping in its very essence. The convenience and even reliability of most online shopping transactions cannot be challenged. It is, however, strongly suggested that you do not choose and buy your frame online. Frames suit on very particular faces and it is always much better if the wearer of the glasses goes out to choose and buy the frame themselves.
4. This is the mistake made by careless people mostly. Since sometimes frames are much alike, people often choose one and as they go on to the rest and find new choices, they often mix the ones they like. Mark out the ones you prefer and remember their dimensions, price and specifications.
5. Some people get driven away by the social symbol stigma and buy only imported branded frames. This is a very reckless use of money and a mistake which should be avoided. Large varieties of frames are available in terms of designs and price in every locality. You should buy local frames to avoid having to pay high shipping costs. Further, the frames are likely to get damaged while in shipping and transportation.
As you can see shopping can be a difficult task. Try to avoid these common mistakes in order to buy the glasses that are right for you the first time.
Monica Toress is an expert in the field of glasses (interesting to know is that the Swedish term is glasögon) and sunglasses and she loves to share her knowledge with other people.