There are some weird jobs out there, and these days, people are willing to do just about anything to make a buck.
The days of working in an office from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday, are slowly fading away. Instead, many people are opting to take on several different odd jobs or freelance assignments in order to make ends meet.
Not only does this way of working allow people to work when and where it’s convenient for them, it also allows them to try out a bunch of different types of jobs, so they can decide what they might want to focus more of their time on.
And when it comes to finding odd jobs, Craigslist is one of the top websites that comes to mind. The site allows you to search for everything from short-term “gigs” for just about every trade under the sun to long-term “jobs” that are aimed more toward professionals.
However, some people are looking for some really weird employees on Craigslist, which isn’t too surprising given the unstructured nature of the sight. So if you’re looking to become a beard braider, or maybe a monkey mascot, then Craigslist is definitely the place for you.
Recently, HuffingtonPost compiled a list of the strangest jobs currently being advertised on Criagslist:
- One salon in Jersey City, N.J., is looking for a professional braider to braid everything from women’s hair to men’s beards.
- Someone in Fayetteville, Ark., is looking for a little person (between 2’8” and 4’8”) to greet someone at a local airport – and you’ll get a free dinner for your troubles.
- A wrestling club in Philadelphia is looking for wrestlers so they can record matches and post them on their website – a gig that pays $75 per match.
- A haunted house in Delaware is looking for people to dress up as ghouls this Halloween season.
- Someone is looking for people with mascot experience to dress up as a monkey and greet conference attendees in New York City.
- Bikinimowing, a company based in Arkansas, is looking for people to mow lawns in their bikinis.
- A company in Sacramento, Calif., is willing to pay $1,000 per day for a female model with hairy armpits.
- One farm in the greater Boston area is looking for someone to help them bottle raw cow milk.
So the next time that you think your job is weird, or the next time you’re having a bad day in the office, just be grateful that you’re not spending your day modeling your hairy armpits or dressing up as a monkey.
- Image via Creative Commons
Blogging about the recruiting and employment industries and everything those entail. To learn more, please visit PCRecruiter.