Takeaways are a great option for busy students, especially around exam period when they have very little time to visit their local grocery shop, gather ingredients, and cook a meal. Treating yourself to a tasty dinner such as a Chinese takeaway after a long week of studying doesn’t have to be that costly, even on a student’s budget. Ordering takeaways are a lot more reasonable than you think, if you know the best ways to do so.
Below are some great tips to help you get started.
Order Food Online
- The Internet helps makes ordering food, fast, hassle-free and hugely convenient. You no longer have to search around your home for that old, torn menu to choose what kind of meal you’d like to order, just go online and browse through a variety of meals and select your preference. Just sit on your sofa, flick through your smartphone and click on whatever takes your fancy. If you are studying in the UK, there are several Chinese takeaways in Bristol which have a company website where you can order food for pickup or delivery.
- The advantage of ordering online is that these businesses often offer deals, promotions and reward schemes if you use their website service to request food. As a student, this is perfect for saving money and once you build up your point system you can avail of a free meal or whatever other offers are obtainable at the time.
- Another consideration is cash, if you don’t have enough money in your wallet, but crave a delicious sweet and sour chicken, just use your debit card to pay online eliminating the need for a cash transaction.
Order in Bulk
- If you wish to order a meal from your local takeaway, consider getting a larger order which can keep you covered for at least 2 or 3 days in terms of meals to eat during the semester. The reason for this is that you’ll save money on the delivery charge because you won’t be paying for 3 consecutive deliveries.
- Another option is to gather a few friends and split the bill, this will help you save money on delivery charges and you can enjoy a delicious takeaway with friends.
Inquire About Job Openings
- Students need part-time jobs to help them get through university, right? Why not contact or visit your local takeaway and make an inquiry about a possible position in their company. Takeaway companies are always on the look out for drivers and it is a great way to get to know the area if you have just moved into your student accommodation. One of the benefits of working for your local takeaway is that you receive free food, no more ordering and paying the delivery guy, you are the delivery guy.
Consider all your options as a student and always take advantage of whatever avenue can provide you with a discount on takeaway food. Follow these guidelines and you will find it easy to save money on a take-out.