Turkey is one of the most popular destinations in the Middle East and the world at large. The country has many natural attractions, landmarks, unique architecture, beautiful beaches and a rich and unique heritage. Turkey is one of the only two countries in the world that straddle two continents. Istanbul the largest city in Turkey straddles both Asia and Europe. Most of the cities in Turkey have been continuously occupied since the Roman times. Due to this, there are many forts and unique sights that will amaze you. The following are the best Turkish cities to visit:
· Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and it is often referred to as the gateway to the East since it occupies both Europe and Asia. It was the capital of the Ottoman Empire for many centuries.
· Some of the main attractions are the Blue Mosque, Haggia Aya Sofia, Basilica cistern, Dolmabahce Place and Bosphorous.
· Hagia Aya Sofia and The Blue mosque buildings are among the most marvelous architectural masterpieces in the Middle East.
· In Istanbul, there are many world-class resorts and hotels. Some of the activities that you can carry out include sightseeing, shopping, swimming, snorkelling amongst others.
· You can shop at the Grand Bazaar, Barkikoy, Sahaflar, Bakircilar Carsisi and Kemeralti Bazaar. These shopping destinations stock unique artifacts, delights, silver ware and leather goods.
· Istanbul is home to modern shopping malls that stock electronics and trendy fashion including some of the world’s renowned brands like Louis Vuitton, Nike, Dolce& Gabbana.
· You can also visit the museums and get a glimpse of some of the best and oldest artworks in the Middle East.
· This little known city is located in the Eastern Black Sea region of Turkey. The city is one of Turkey’s most beautiful locations.
· You should visit the Sumela Monastery and the House of Ataturks where you will learn more about the culture of the Turks. You should also visit and relax at Lake Uzungol.
· Antalya is one of the most beautiful cities in the Turkey due to its location on the Mediterranean Coast. Although it is famed for its beaches, it has other attractions like the Old Town and Kemer.
· Visiting the Old Town of Antalya gives you a glimpse of life when Turkey was controlled by the Romans. You will also see unique buildings that were build during the Ottoman and Byzantine Empires.
· At Kemer you can climb or take a cable car up Mount Tahtali. Once you reach the summit, you will get magnificent views of Antalya and the surrounding countryside.
· Izmir is the third largest city in Turkey. It is home to many luxurious hotels and resorts. Izmir is surrounded by pristine beaches on the Aegean Sea.
· Some of the activities that you can carry out include swimming, surfing, snorkelling, scuba diving and yachting.
· Shopping enthusiasts will be at home in Izmir since there are many malls that stock local goods as well as world leading brands ranging from electronics, gadgets, clothes, shoes, spices and perfumes.
· Kemeralti Bazaar is one of the most popular shopping destination among tourists since it stocks unique items such as hand woven carpets, spices, perfumes and silver ware.
Before you travel to Turkey, you should carry out Turkey visa application so that you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the beautiful Turkish cities.