We all know that mouth is the gateway of our whole body, so we have to take proper care of our mouth. And, to prevent any disease in our mouth, we should take help from a dentist. Many people don’t realize the importance of mouth health and equally don’t prefer to visit a dentist. On the other hand, there are some people who think dentists are not doctors. They just clean out their teeth.
Remember, this concept is wrong. Dentists are doctors and they play a vital role in keeping us healthy.
What is dentistry and what is the role of a dentist?
To understand the dentists are more than a tooth doctor, we should understand what dentistry is first.
Remember, dentistry is a diagnosis and treatment to maintain complete oral health. It has a vital impact on our whole body and entire health.
And, a dentist who provides us health care related to oral problems. A dentist diagnoses a patient who has a dental problem that provides effective treatment and prevents the problem from further occurring to ensure the overall health of the patient.
To provide dental treatment, a person has to complete the full tenure of doctor schooling. After that, the dentist has to choose one specialization to become a specialist in certain treatment-related to dentistry.
Types of dentistry and dentists
Many people don’t even know that there are many types of dentists who provide different types of treatments. In fact, there are many types of dental and oral problems that should be cured by a specialist dentist just like other doctors play the role of a specialist to treat other health problems.
Here you go:
Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics – This special dentistry focuses on the alignment of the teeth and dental postures. Patients who have problems with jaw and facial structure should consider orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedic treatment.
Periodontics – This dentistry helps patients to get rid of the advanced level of gum disease. It focuses on treating inflammatory diseases that affect the gum line and its supporting structures and bones. Periodontist helps us to avoid tooth extract circumstances. A periodontist can give you the total cure to avoid tooth extraction circumstances.
Prosthodontics (implants) – This dentistry helps patients who have already lost teeth and need implants to survive. In Prosthodontics treatment, you can get new dentures with the actual teeth shape of yours.
Endodontics (root canals) – This dentistry deals with dental pulp and tissues surrounding the teeth area. Under this treatment, the patient can go through a treatment called root canal treatment, which treats the soft pulp tissue inside the tooth. An endodontist can help you to pro=vide proper root canal treatment to get complete oral health.
Oral and maxillofacial (including pathology, radiology, and surgery) – This dentistry deals with surgery related to mouth disease. Under this treatment, you can get treatment related to defects in the mouth, injuries in mouth, jaws, and face. Maxillofacial surgeons help people who experience dental injuries, facial pain, misaligned jaws or have wisdom teeth that need to be removed through surgery.
Pediatric dentistry – Babies’ and kids’ mouth health should be provided by a pediatric dentist. Under this dentistry, your baby and kids can get complete oral health care to prevent other health issues.
Why people should visit the dentist from time to time
- So, it is clear that dental peoples should be dealt with properly care. And the people who provide dental treatment are true sense doctors. Here’s why you should visit your dentist from time to time.
- You should visit your dentist to ensure that there is no dental issue.
- The visiting dentist can help you to fight against any tooth and gum related problems like tooth decay, gum problem or gingivitis, periodontitis, and receded gum.
- If you are on a regular dental visit, you can avoid halitosis or bad bread that comes from gum disease or other oral issues.
- A dentist can guide you to understand the proper way to brush, floss, and clean your mouth.
- Once you start visiting your dentist, you will get good oral health, which helps to enhance your confidence by giving you a bright smile and flawless set of teeth.
- By ensuring your good oral health with the help of a dentist, you can avoid other health issues, like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease that often occurs due to bad mouth health.
- Dental visits and practicing good oral care can help you enjoy healthy gum and teeth for a longer time in your life.
- You can enjoy the taste and every bite of your food when you have good teeth.
- If you have a wrong or defect in the jawline and facial structure, you can rectify this and get back a normal smile and facial structure from a proper dental specialist.
- Visiting a dentist is recommended when you are suffering a pain related to wisdom teeth. Ignoring this condition can invite other health issues related to the nerve.
- Visiting a pediatric dentist is recommended for every newbie parent to ensure their child’s mouth health. So that the child can enjoy a good oral health life for a long time.
So, if you have an idea that dentists are just doctors, then rectified it. Dentists are doctors and they play a very important role in our life to prevent many major health issues. So, next time when you feel irritated, redness and bleeding gum, don’t forget to visit your dentist. Also, you should follow all the instructions given by the dentist and revisit the dentist to ensure healthy gum and good teeth.